Veterans Memorial Hospital will sponsor a Babysitting Seminar on Saturday, April 13, from 8:30 - Noon. The class will be held in the Large Conference Room located on the lower level of Veterans Memorial Hospital.
Intended participants are individuals 10 years of age and older who are responsible for their own care after school until their parents come home from work, and individuals who care for other children in or outside of their own home. Girls are not the sole baby-sitters in this society. Boys are also welcome and encouraged to attend.
Topics to be covered include fire and personal safety, accident prevention and emergency actions, nutritious snacks and basic care of children.
Cost for the seminar is $10. Pre-registration is required by April 10, as seats are limited. Only the first 30 registrants will be accepted for the class. Please contact Corinne Cook, RN, instructor, at 568-3411 for more information.
Veterans Memorial Hospital physicians and staff are pleased to announce that the First Baby of the Year Contest was won by Harrison Dean Sandry, son of Emily and Kevin Sandry of Cresco.
Harrison was born on January 3, 2019, at 4:09 a.m., weighing 8 pounds, 1 ounce and was 20 inches long. Dr. Dave Schwartz assisted with the delivery.
Congratulations to grandparents Dean and Donna Reicks, Terri Mullen, and Karen and Bill Sandry, all of Cresco; and to great grandparents John and Gilda Mullen and Denis Reicks of Cresco and Arlene Sandry of Forest City, Iowa.
All other babies born at Veterans Memorial Hospital in the year 2019 will receive a Baby Coupon Book coordinated by the hospital through coupon donations from over 60 area businesses in Harpers Ferry, Lansing, Monona, Postville, and Waukon. The hospital coordinates this in an effort to assure all babies born at the hospital are treated extra special.
This fortunate child and his family received the following generous gifts compliments of these area merchants:
- $100.00 Cash from Dr. Bruce Carlson, Lansing Dental Clinic
- A Free Night’s Stay in a Whirlpool Suite from the Stoney Creek Inn
- Gift Basket from Mayo Clinic Health System-Waukon
- 1-Year Subscription to the Standard from The Standard/News Publishing
- $25 Gift Certificate from Outdoor Creations, Monona
- Free Pedicure from the Hair, Body and Mind Salon and Day Spa
- Free Year of Baby Photos (5 sessions) from Cote’Color Photography, Katie Hennessy
- $20 Gift Certificate from Dave’s Gus and Tony’s Pizza and Steakhouse
- $10 Gift Certificate from the S&D Café
- $10 Gift Certificate from the Village Farm and Home, Waukon
- Tastefully Simple Gift Basket from consultant Jan Baumler
- $15 Gift Certificate from Sycamore Floral
- Sterling Silver Mother/Child Pendant on 18” chain from Elliott Jewelers
- $10 Gift Certificate from Milty’s Restaurant and The Skinny Dip, Lansing
- $25 Gift Certificate from the Waukon Greenhouse
- $15 Gift Certificate from the Waukon City Club
- Fleece Stadium Blanket from Waukon Dental
- 20 Free Color Copies from JaDecc’s
- 10 Punch Pass from the Waukon Wellness Center
- Hand Made Baby Afghan from the Auxiliary of Veterans Memorial Hospital
- Mary Kay Hand Cream from Debbie McGeough, Mary Kay Consultant
- Servalier 16 piece Get-It-All Set from Tupperware Consultant Linda Manning
- Diapers, Wipes and Laundry Basket from Veterans Memorial Hospital